Hawaii’s Last Queen
Hawaii’s Last Queen
Is it true that Queen Liliuokalani was misled into abolishing the Bayonet Constitution?
- Yes because the proposers wanted to trap her
- No since she did it on her own volition
- No because she was answerable to the two main political parties who had shown support for the move hence she wanted to appease them
- Yes because supporters of this move were beholden to the sugar barons
What was the main motivation of her imprisonment under house Arrest?
- Her alteration of the constitution
- Her frequent opposition trips abroad denouncing the overthrow
- Her incitement of the public through the various compositions she made
- The sugar merchant’s determination to limit her influence over the citizens in order for them to profit from the annexation through trade (Senegalandbukinofaso 1).
What do the Blount and Morgan reports establish about the annexation of Hawaii?
- America’s overthrow of Hawaii was legal
- The overthrow was a response to the needs of the citizens who needed a democratic style of governance in their kingdom
- America acted illegally in the forced abdication of the queen and overthrow of the duly elected officials
- Both C and D because the former identified the actions as an invasion of a sovereign territory while the latter justified its actions as a form of defense of US citizens who were threatened by foreigners abroad.
The queen was justified in her relentless pursuit for the US to apologize for its role in her annexation
The overthrow of the Hawaiian queen was a divisive issue due to the economic rather than the moral variable
Senagalandburkinofaso. Hawaii’s Last King. Dailymotion. December 15, 2006. web. October 15, 2015.
Top-quality papers guaranteed
100% original papers
We sell only unique pieces of writing completed according to your demands.
We use security encryption to keep your personal data protected.
We can give your money back if something goes wrong with your order.
Enjoy the free features we offer to everyone
Get a free title page formatted according to the specifics of your particular style.
Request us to use APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, or any other style for your essay.
Don’t pay extra for a list of references that perfectly fits your academic needs.
24/7 support assistance
Ask us a question anytime you need to—we don’t charge extra for supporting you!
Calculate how much your essay costs
What we are popular for
- English 101
- Business Studies